Thermal Gas Flow Meter Software
EPICommunicator™ (EPICom™) is free proprietary software for use with the purchase of any Master-Touch™ or ValuMass™ flow meter. It consists of four modules — EPITerm, EPIMeter, ELogger and Modbus — which work together to put complete control of the Master-Touch flow meter in the hands of the user. EPICom™ uses the RS232 communication protocol to connect a Master-Touch flow meter to a PC running Windows XP®, or newer Windows software. Please contact the factory for the most recent release of EPICom™ at [email protected]
Epi-Val™ provides the ability for customers to perform a field calibration validation test on Master-Touch or ValuMass flow meters. Please see our user manual or contact the factory for full details of this feature.
EPITerm™ is a Windows®-compatible terminal emulation program which uses the RS232 or USB communications protocols to present the Master-Touch system for real-time monitoring and control. The system features the following operational modes and their corresponding menus:
- 500 *Run* Menu – displays the real-time flow rate and total flow as well as information about the relay alarms status, time-stamping of high and low flows, etc. This is the basic operating mode for flow measurement.
- 100 *Meter* Menu – provides easy access to change the engineering units for the flow rate and total, to adjust the Full Scale setting for scaling the output signals, and to reset the total and timestamps.
- 200 *Utility* Menu – supports such functions as changing the signal filtering (to smooth out pulsation or unwanted flow noise), monitoring the digital and analog voltage signals, and selecting the meter calibration range.
- 400 *Alarm* Menu – is utilized to set the two flow alarm relays to respond to a wide variety of process conditions and situations.
- 450 *E-Log* Menu – supports real-time data logging.
- 750 *PW-Curve Fit* Menu – is used to apply specific adjustments to the factory calibration in increments of 5% of the Full Scale.
- 800 *P-Curve* Menu – is reserved for factory calibration configuration and variables, although some menu items, such as the C-Factor, SetXSect, and Auto Zero, may be used for field adjustments.
EPIMeter™ allows access to all of the flow meter’s settings through one PC screen. The functions and parameters of these settings are fully described in the EPITerm™ section of the manual. EPIMeter™ is NOT a direct, real-time connection to the flow meter’s operation. It is used to upload/download .mtr files for modifications to a flow meter’s settings, access archived *.mtr files and to print copies of *.mtr settings files.
EPIMeter™ will also generate graphs showing the non-linear curve output of the sensor and the linear 0–5VDC output for each flow meter. These graphs are useful in understanding the affects of changes to the Full Scale, Zero Offset, C Factor, etc.
E-Logger™ includes a fully functional, PC-based data logger that works in conjunction with Master-Touch™ flow meters. The user can select from a set of categories for the data collection, the time interval for each data “snapshot” and, if necessary, programmed start and stop times. The data is stored on either the flow meter or a PC. E-Logger™ will also graph the data, and it provides tools for analysis of the data. Data files stored on a PC can be accessed by most common spreadsheet applications.
Master-Touch™ flow meters support RS485 Modbus RTU communications. Our EPI module displays data from as many as eight flow meters. It is also possible to use third-party software for Modbus data acquisition in order to incorporate the flow meters into a facility-wide system.