EPICommunicator (EPICom) is proprietary software for use with any Master-Touch flowmeter which has V3.9G or later software. It consists of four modules EPITerm, EPIMeter, E-Logger and Modbus RTU which work together to put complete control of the Master-Touch flowmeter in the hands of the user. EPICom uses the RS232, RS485 or USB communication protocol to connect a Master-Touch flowmeter to a PC running Windows XP® / Vista®. The software and manual can be downloaded directly from this page by clicking on the following links:
EPICom v2.15d software for Master-Touch flowmeters produced Feb 2010 and later.
EPICom 2.0 Manual
Please note that older versions of the Master-Touch software do NOT support all EPICom V2.0x functions. Secondary and Point-Wise Curve adjustments and E-Logger are only supported by Master-Touch V4.1 and higher software. For all Master-Touch flowmeters produced prior to Feb 2010, please contact the factory for the appropriate version.
EPITerm is a Windows XP® / Vista® compatible terminal emulation program which uses the RS232 or USB communications protocols to present the Master-Touch system for real-time monitoring and control. The system features eight operational modes and their corresponding menus:
- The 500 *Run* Menu displays the real-time flow rate and total flow as well as information about the relay alarms status, time-stamping of high and low flows, etc. This is the basic operating mode for flow measurement.
- The 100 *Meter* Menu provides easy access to change the engineering units for the flow rate and total, to adjust the Full Scale setting for scaling the output signals, and to reset the total and timestamps.
- The 200 *Utility* Menu supports such functions as changing the signal filtering (to smooth out pulsation or unwanted flow noise), monitoring the digital and analog voltage signals, and selecting the meter calibration range.
- The 400 *Alarm* Menu is utilized to set the two flow alarm relays to respond to a wide variety of process conditions and situations.
- The 450 *E-Log* Menu supports real-time data logging (flowmeters running Master-Touch v4.1 software only).
- The 700 *S-Curve Fit* Menu supports adjustments to the factory calibration with a set of coefficients derived from field testing (flowmeters running Master-Touch v4.1 software only).
- The 750 *PW-Curve Fit* Menu is used to apply specific adjustments to the factory calibration in increments of 5% of the Full Scale (flowmeters running Master-Touch v4.1 software only).
- The 800 *P-Curve* Menu is reserved for factory calibration configuration and variables, although some menu items, such as the C-Factor, SetXSect, and Auto Zero, may be used for field adjustments.
EPIMeter allows access to all of a flowmeter’s settings through one PC screen. The functions and parameters of these settings are fully described in the EPITerm section. EPIMeter is NOT a direct, real-time connection to the flowmeter’s operation. It is used to upload/download .mtr files for modifications to a flowmeter’s settings, access archived *.mtr files and to print copies of *.mtr settings files. EPIMeter
EPIMeter will also generate graphs showing the non-linear curve output of the sensor and the linear 05VDC output for each flowmeter. These graphs (shown below) are useful in understanding the affects of changes to the Full Scale, Zero Offset, C Factor, etc.
E-Logger includes a fully functional, PC-based data logger that works in conjunction with Master-Touch flowmeters which have v4.1A and higher software. The user can select from a set of categories for the data collection, the time interval for each data "snapshot" and, if necessary, programmed start and stop times. The data is stored on either the flowmeter or a PC. E-Logger will also graph the data, and it provides tools for analysis of the data. Data files stored on a PC can be accessed by most common spreadsheet applications.
The EPICom . zip file above includes a sample data file (samplefile.log) which can be used to see how our data logging module, E-Logger, is used. First extract the software to a folder on your PC. Then when running E-Logger, simply type "samplefile.log" in E-LOG FILENAME window and click the LOAD button. This will populate E-Logger with data that can then be viewed and graphed by the module.
Master-Touch flowmeters support RS485 Modbus RTU communications. EPICommunicator v2.15b displays data from as many as eight flowmeters, or you can use third-party software for Modbus data acquistion to incorporate the flowmeters into a facility-wide system.